(The following instructions were made using Android 4.4.x (KitKat). If you are using a different version of Android, your phone may be slightly different.)
- Go to your phone’s “Settings” screen.
- Scroll down to the section entitled “Accounts” and tap “Add Account” at the bottom of this section. The “Add Account” screen appears.
- Tap “Microsoft Exchange”. It may take a while as your phone checks for existing accounts. The “Add an Exchange ActiveSync account” screen appears.
- Enter your email address (******@ptsem.edu) and password, then tap “Manual setup” (Do not tap "Next"). The “Exchange server settings” screen appears.
- Do the following:
- (Your email address should be already filled in.)
- Change the “Domain\username” field to “pts-eden\firstname.lastname”.
- (Your password should already be filled in.)
- Change the “Exchange server” field to "mail.ptsem.edu".
- Be sure “Use secure connection (SSL)” is checked.
- Tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen. You may receive a notice from your phone’s manufacturer. If you do, tap “OK” (or whatever your phone says).
- A message appears that says “Checking incoming server settings…”. Allow this to complete.
- You may receive a message entitled “Remote security administration”. Tap “OK”. A screen appears with many Account options.
- Although you can change these settings, they are okay for most people as is. Tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
The “Activate device administrator” screen appears.
- Tap “Activate”. The “Set up account” screen appears.
- Here you can change the name of the account or simply tap “Next”. (This is only the name of the account on your phone. It does change any settings.)
- Your account is now set up. From now on, your PTS email account can be accessed by the “Email” app on your Android device (This is different from your "Gmail" app).