To share a file or folder:
- Go to filr.ptsem.edu and login with your PTS username and password.
- Go to "My Files" or wherever the file or folder is you want to share.
- Click the drop down arrow box next to the file or folder you want to share, then select the "Share" option.
- The following screen appears. You can start typing a username or email address.
A drop-down list will appear with all matching PTS students and staff.
You can set the following options highlighted below in yellow:
To remove a file or folder from a share:
Warning: If you only want to remove a shared file or folder from being shared under the "Shared by Me" tab, Do Not Click Delete. Deleting doesn't just remove the file from the shared list; deleting deletes the file.
- To remove a file from a share, check the box next to the file or folder and click "Share".
- Click "Share" on the drop down list.
- The following screen appears. Click the check box next to the file or folder, then click "Delete".
This removes the file or folder from the Share list, and the file still exists.
Share a file using a file link
If you have a file too large to e-mail, you can share the file using a file link.
Select the drop down arrow next to the File you wish to share using a file link. Select "Email Link".
Your web browser may block the pop up to allow Outlook to open with the file links. You may have to "Allow" pop-ups.
Your file will then be available via a file link in Outlook. You can then e-mail the link to your intended recipient who can then either view or download the file to their own computer.