To share a file or folder:
- Go to filr.ptsem.edu and login with your PTS username and password.
- Go to "My Files" or wherever the file or folder is you want to share (you can share files that have been shared with you).
- Click the check box next to the file or folder you want to share, then click the "Share" button.
Share A file or a folder to PTS users only Copy Link File only can be shared to external users File only can be shared to external users
- Click "Share". The following screen appears.
You can start typing a username or email address.
- A drop-down list will appear with all matching PTS students and staff.
Note: If you share a file or folder by clicking Share > Share and you use an external email address, the share will not take place and you will receive no warning.
To remove a file or folder from a share:
Warning: If you only want to remove a shared file or folder from being shared under the "Shared by Me" tab, Do Not Click Delete. Deleting doesn't just remove the file from the shared list; deleting deletes the file.
- To remove a file from a share, check the box next to the file or folder and click "Share".
- Click "Share" on the drop down list.
- The following screen appears. Click the check box next to the file or folder, then click "Delete".
This removes the file or folder from the Share list, and the file still exists.
A few points to consider:
- You can make a file or folder pubic (available for all the world to see) by clicking "Make Public" at the top right of the above screen.
- If you share by clicking Share > Share or Share > Email Link using Filr, these files will show up under the "Shared by Me" tab.
- Only internal users can edit files (files or folders shared by using Share > Share); external users can only download files.
- To edit (or remove) a share, click the check box next to the file or folder, click the "Share" button, then click "Share".