To connect to the guest network, which has limited Internet access, choose: PTS-Guest
The password is: PTSInternet1812
To connect to the secured network, which has Internet and full PTS network access, choose: PTS-Secured-Wireless
You will be prompted to log in. Use your PTS network account username and password. OSX users may be prompted for a second login; this is your local computer account login. To accept the changes to your system, enter your local computer account password.
All students, staff, and faculty should connect to the secured wireless if possible.
Connect to Wi-Fi
You can use the Wi-Fi menu to quickly connect to a nearby wireless network.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon ( or ) in the menu bar.
- If Wi-Fi is off, choose "Turn Wi-Fi on."
- Select a nearby Wi-Fi network from the list.
The strength of each nearby network is shown next to its name. More darkened bars indicate a stronger network connection.
Enter your PTS user name and password
Networks that have a lock icon next to their name require a password. After you select your network, enter the network password when you're prompted. If you don't know the network password, check with the owner of the Wi-Fi network you're trying to join. Make sure the "Remember this network" box is checked so that you will always connect to the PTS Secured Wireless network wherever that network is available.
Connect to Wi-Fi
- Click the Wi-Fi icon ( ) in the status bar.
- Select a nearby Wi-Fi network from the list and choose "connect". Make sure the "Connect automatically" box is checked so that you will always connect to the PTS Secured Wireless network wherever that network is available.
3. Enter your PTS user name and password and select "OK".