Saving the File:
- Open the file
- Choose "File", "Save As Template"
- Make sure the "File Format" is "Word Template (.dotx)"
- By default, Word Templates are saved to the Office Templates folder.
Accessing the template:
- To create a document based on your template, select "File", "New From Template"
- Select the template you saved in the Office Templates folder.
- A brand new file will open based on your template, You will be prompted to create a file name and designated a file location when saving the file.