This article is to instruct on how to add your office-use printer to your user account
This process would need to be repeated on each machine you sign into (note that you may need to be using different printers in each location)
- Go to the Start menu
- Type in "Printers & Scanners" - hit enter
- A new window will open - from that window click "Add Printer"
- You'll see a progress bar searching for a new printer
- Click the "The printer that I wanted isn't listed" link once it appears
- From this window, you'll select the second box ("select a shared printer by name")
- Type in the address of the printer (\\print01\nameofprinter)
- Click next
- The computer will look for the printer's driver and show you a progress bar
- Once the progress bar finishes - click next
- If you'd like to make this the default (primary) printer please select that as you finish this addition
- Open "System Preference"
- Select "Printers & Scanners"
- Click "+" symbol on left side of window
- Choose "IP" tab from across the top
- Adress: type in the IP of the printer you intend to add
- Name: type the departmental name of the printer
- Location: type in the physical location of the printer
- Click "Add" when finished
- Printer will install