Powering On the Tech Pod & the SMART Board:
Start by opening the side door and the main power to the Tech Pod switches on.
If you are using the PC or DVD player, the devices are located inside the side door.
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN USING THE BUILT-IN PC OR A LAPTOP YOU MUST PRESS THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON ON THE SWITCHER LOCATED ABOVE THE DVD PLAYER TO DISPLAY THE CORRECT IMAGE.
Push the "On/ Off" button on the Smart Board (large round button on the system tray of the SMART Board- labeled by a white sticker)
Logging on to the Installed PC- Generic eMedia Account
The keyboard for the built-in PC is located in a sliding drawer under the podium desktop. (Some keyboards are wireless with a built in mouse allowing for sitting vs. standing at the Tech Pod to present).
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to log on to the installed PC
- The default account will be PTS-EDEN\emedia
- The password is: password
- The installed PC has USB ports, so if bringing files to use you can access them on your USB flash drive.
- Once you insert the USB flash drive, select the "Windows Explorer" button on the Task Bar:
- Click on the "Removable Disk" under "Computer" to access the files on your USB flash drive.
Logging on to the Installed PC- Your Own PTS User Account
- If you prefer to log in with your own PTS User name and passcode, you can! This will allow you to access your H: drive files if you are intending to present a file saved on your PTS H: drive.
- After pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE, select "Switch User" button
- Select "Other User" button
- Type in your PTS User Name and Password, then click the Log In arrow
- To access your H:Drive files, select the "Windows Explorer" button on the Task Bar:
- Click on your "H: Drive" to access the files on your H: network drive.
Using Your Own Laptop, Playing a DVD or Using the Document Camera
Click a single button to switch between sources and control the AV equipment. The buttons are located beneath the display screen on the Tech Pod. The available buttons are: "Laptop", "Camera" (document camera), "DVD", and "Computer" (installed PC).
The camera for presenting documents, photos, and enlargement of various objects in real-time, is built-in to the side door that was opened to turn on the Tech Pod.
To use the document camera, select the camera button below the display screen, and place document on side door surface. Use the camera controls below display screen to zoom in and out on document.
To use the DVD, select the DVD button below the display screen, insert a DVD into the DVD player and operate the unit from the control panel located below the display screen (note- DVD's can be played through the Tech Pod's built-in PC).
Your Own Laptop:
If you are using your own laptop, connect to the appropriate cable(s) located at the front of the podium desktop. If using a Mac, you will need to have your own connector cables.
Can be controlled from volume knob located below the display screen to the right (when using a PC or laptop, computer volume adjustments will also affect the overall volume).
When Presentation is Over:
When you are done presenting, shut down computer as normal and turn off all power to utilized media equipment:
Close side door to power off Tech Pod.
IMPORTANT: Push the "On/ Off" button on the system tray of the Smart Board two (2) times to turn off Smart Board projector(large round button on the system tray of the SMART Board- labeled by a white sticker)