Information about the installation
- The upgrade we are performing is to bring the Microsoft office suite on campus up to date.
- The installation is Automatic and does not require you to initiate anything.
- The installation is designed to take place in the background.
- During the installation you will not be able to use the Office suite. Webmail is available if you need to access your email during the installation.
- The update will install the new versions of the following applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, Powerpoint, Publisher.
- The installation time can vary between 10-20 minutes.
- Your computer may restart itself once the installation is complete.
- The upgrade will preserve customizations you have made, i.e. Signatures, Quick Access Toolbars, etc.
Preparing your computer for the installation
- Shutdown down your computer when you leave the day before your scheduled day.
- One the day of your schedule installation, turn on your computer.
- Log in as you normally would.
The installation will take place immediately at log in to your computer.
As the installation begins to finish you will see the newly updated applications show up in the Start Menu. The start menu will look like this:
Again the installation can take between 10-20 minutes to complete and may restart your computer automatically when complete.
What to do when the installation completes
Open Outlook. The main Outlook window will display migrating Account Setting across the bottom.
- Once it imports your profile a message box will pop up and ask you to accept the Office Automatic Updates. Click Accept.
|Content by Label|