Eligible students who are Presbyterian Church(USA) members may receive PTS grant aid to cover 100% of their evaluated need up to the cost of full tuition plus $250.
Eligible students who are not members of a PC(USA) church may receive a maximum award of 80% of the cost of tuition based on their calculated need.
- Complete the online Student Financial Aid Application,
- Complete the applicable version of the FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid Form) at www.fafsa.ed.gov,
- Provide a copy of your prior year Federal Income Tax Return (when available) For 20192021-20 22 applicants, we need your 2018 2020 federal income tax return.
- You may also be asked to provide documentation of the information you supply on these forms.
The Student Financial Aid Application is ordinarily completed with the application for admission. You may access the financial aid form online.
The Thomas W. Gillespie Grant Program This need-based Princeton Seminary aid program helps our M.Div, Ma and Dual degree candidates by providing eligible candidates who currently owe over $20,000 in federal student loans with additional grant aid to assist them in meeting their educational costs. This program was designed by our 5th President Dr. Thomas W. Gillespie to help students who tried to help themselves, and requires recipients to work and raise funding from outside sources in order to reduce their dependency on student loans. The Thomas W. Gillespe Grant is currently available to M.Div., MACEF, M.A.(TS), and M.Div./MACEF students. For 20192020-2021, award maxima are $2,000 for students who are single or married without dependents and $4,000 for students with dependents.
- Demonstrate financial need for this grant in addition to the maximum PTS Grant or Fellowship awarded for the current academic year.
- Have outstanding student loan debt exceeding $30,000.
- Be enrolled full-time in the M.Div, MATS, MACEF or M.Div/MACEF program.
- Be planning to serve the church in pastoral ministry following the completion of his/her program of study at PTS
- Write a statement (500 words or less) describing your call or vocational direction.
- Write a statement (500 words or less) describing your particular economic situation that make this grant crucial to financing your education
- Complete and submit the attached application along with your statements to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid by August 1.
Presbyterian Leadership Award - Each year, up to 12 entering students are selected by the Admissions committee to receive the Presbyterian Leadership Award. The PLA covers the student’s full tuition plus $5$8,000. This scholarship will be offered to a limited number of entering M.Div and M.Div/MA students who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement and are outstanding candidates for pastoral ministry in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Seminary Fellowship - Each year, up to 14 entering students are selected by the Admissions committee to receive the Seminary Fellowship. The Seminary Fellowship covers the student’s full tuition plus $1$4,000 for the academic year. Seminary Fellowships will be awarded to entering M.Div, M.A.(TS) and M.Div/MA students on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to the life and mission of the church.
International applicants who are applying for admissions to the M.Div or M.Div/MACEF program may apply for our need-based PTS grant program, which could cover a maximum of 90% of the cost of a student’s annual tuition charge. For more information on application requirements, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at Fin-Aid@ptsem.edu or by calling us at 609-497-7805.
Other Forms of Aid
Church Support - We suggest you inquire about financial aid that may be available from local churches and judicatories. In many cases, it is advisable to request this assistance well in advance of applying to Princeton. PTS students have received substantial support in this manner.