View the Video Here:
Messages may not always be responded to, forwarded, or even fully read when first received. To ensure a message does not get lost you may flag it. There are several options to choose from, along with a way to customize, add a reminder, check as complete, and clear flags.
As in other sections of Outlook 20102016, there are several ways to do this. This lesson will cover two methods.
- From the Tags group, click the down arrow on Follow-Up.
- Click on Add Reminder.
- Scroll to notice the various options. Set the Reminder time as 11:00 a.m.
- Click OK.
- Notice the Flag reminder is now in color. This reminds you follow-up is needed for this message.
- Close the email by clicking the X.
- Note you can also Flag a message right from the Inbox without opening the message or right-clicking on it.
After following up, you can clear the flag for follow up.
1. Right-mouse click on the Office Supplies email.
2. Click on Follow Up and then click Clear Flag. Notice the Flag status in the window.