How to turn on "Automatic Replies (Out of Office
This feature can be used to send an automatic out-of-office-reply message letting the sender know the email they sent will not be read immediately. Note: Out of Office Replies only work if you are using Outlook through a network server.
)" or the "Out of Office Assistant"
For Microsoft Office Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Outlook for Office 365
- Click the File tab, and then click the Info tab in the menu.
- Click Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
- Click in the radio dial I am Currently Out of the Office.
- In the Auto Reply area type: I will be out of the office until (next Friday's date).
- Click OK.
- Begin and Send a new message to your partner with no Subject line or message text.
- The Out of Office message will be received shortly.
- In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box.
- If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range check box. Then set the Start time, and then set the End time.
- In the Inside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send within your organization, and in the Outside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send outside your organization.
- Click OK.
- If you selected the “Only send during this time range” option in step 4, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 5 is reached.
Otherwise, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
- will continue to run until you repeat step 1 and select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.