To change the default line spacing:
- Click the [Home] tab > Locate the "Paragraph" group.
- In the lower-right corner of the "Paragraph" group, click the arrow. A "Paragraph" dialog box will open.
- From the [Indents and Spacing] tab > Locate the "Spacing" section.
- From the "Line spacing" drop-down list, choose the spacing you would like Word to use by default.
- From the "Before" and "After" drop-down lists, choose the amount of spacing between paragraphs you would like Word to use by default. (If you want no extra spacing between paragraphs, set the spacing at 0 points.)
- Click the [Set As Default] button > Select "All documents based on the Normal template?" > Click [OK].